To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Time to Start a Blog

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. ~1Cor. 10:31

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow..."
Lonely nights with my husband away on a business trip I guess is what started this whole thing. Normally I wouldn't have had the time to set this up-I had no idea what a long process this could be! But with Ben away and an over-active imagination that does not let me sleep, I decided I'd try to start a blog. The purpose for this is two-fold. The first reason was because all our family lives away from us and they don't get to experience first hand very often what our family does day to day and what keeps us busy in our neck of the woods. The other reason was so we could share with others how awesome the God we serve is and how he works in our lives daily. I often feel bad for my kids that they don't get to spend time with grandparents, aunts & uncles and cousins very much because we live so far from them. Hopefully this will help our family know our children better even if it is from a distance. I will say though that the Lord has really answered many prayers in this area. Raising children is difficult and more so when you feel you have no family to turn to in time of need. In the past couple of years though the Lord has given us so many wonderful, godly friends who treat us like family, treat our children like thier own grandchildren and take care of us when we need it. This week is a great example of just that. I wasn't really sure how I felt about it all, being alone with all 5 kids for the week. I don't sleep well when Ben is away so that was my main concern. The Lord has reminded me this week that He does not want me to bear this burden alone but wants to share in that burden and help me.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I finally figured out how to post to blogs!
    I'll be checking it regularly, even though I see you often:)
    Not knowing Noah and Owen as babies, it's so nice to see their baby pictures. Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete