To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Friday, April 26, 2013

A Time for Felt Pins/Magnets


You have all heard me admit time and time again that I am not a crafty/creative person. But I really enjoy doing crafts...especially the easy ones. Thankfully I have some really crafty people in my life and so I get great ideas from them. We did this craft at a recent Bible study and it was very easy. I thought they'd make great "just because" gifts for people whose day you want to brighten. 

You will need the following:
* Felt flowers (can find on amazon, joann fabrics, etc.)
* Small colorful buttons (use what you have on hand or you can get little bags cheap like the ones pictured at Walmart)
* Pin backs (I got mine on amazon but I'm sure any craft store carries them)
* Magnetic Buttons (Walmart)
* Hot glue gun

Once you have all your supplies the fun begins. I got everything except the buttons on Amazon because I don't have a lot of time for shopping so I take advantage of the free shipping and I don't have to leave the house...it's a win-win. The buttons I found at Walmart for $1.97 a bag because I didn't have a lot of colorful buttons on hand. First you will want to plan out your flower. You can use 2-3 different sizes/colors and hot glue one on top of the other to make a colorful flower. Then you choose a button to hot glue in the center of the flower. Now you can either make it a magnet or a pin. Once you decide hot glue the pin back or self adhesive magnet to the back of the flower and you are done! 
These aren't just for adults either. I made a pin for Jena and she loves it. I keep it on her jacket and it gives it a fun spring flair! Hope you enjoy making these for yourselves!




No comments:

Post a Comment