To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Sunday, February 2, 2014

A Time for the Superbowl


Now before anyone goes getting any ideas that I've decided to worship the idol of sports rather than God today let it be known that I am home sick (STILL!) with an awful head cold and two babies who are also not 100%. I did listen to a sermon on the radio, which I will say I couldn't have disagreed with more (just because they are famous preachers and on the radio doesn't mean they are always right!) and managed to spend some quiet time in prayer. Now let's get on to the business of this post...the Superbowl!

I could not care less about the Superbowl. I enjoy sports an average amount but I enjoy them more live, in person or actually playing a sport. The idea of sitting around the TV for hours watching others play sports really doesn't interest me mainly because I am the sort of person who is sitting there thinking about all the things that could be getting done. Not to mention we do not have cable so have never been able to watch it before anyway. But this year on Fox Sports you can stream it for FREE, today only, and since I have 4 boys who love any and all sports we are going to let them watch it...well some of it anyway. Since everyone else is talking about Superbowl parties and the yummy food they are making I didn't want to be left out of that part of it so I've been busy finding recipes we can enjoy while watching it...and no none of them will fit into your diet meal plan if you're on one!

On the list of foods we will enjoy today (well the rest of my family will anyway, I'm not sure I'll be up for eating much) are...

Crockpot Terriyaki Chicken

Baked Potato Casserole

Three Cheese Pinwheel Appetizer

Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark

Watermelon Frosties

...and maybe we will throw fruits and veggies into the mix at some point too!

If you will be enjoying the Superbowl today and passionately rooting for "your" team to win then I wish you the best of luck! But if you are like us and really just in it for the food then to you I say, "happy eating", and please share your recipes!




No comments:

Post a Comment