To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Monday, June 9, 2014

A Time for another Persuasive Letter


Remember last year when Noah had to write us a persuasive letter in school? He was trying to convince us we should get him a dog. If you didn't read Noah's persuasive letter, click the link. It's great! This letter was my favorite thing any of the kids have ever done at school.

This year Owen has the same teacher Noah did last year. I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what his persuasive letter would be about. His letter made me laugh too...not about what he's trying to persuade us on but because of what he says to persuade us. Owen's  reads:

Dear Mom and Dad,
One of the reasons I would like a new bike is the bike I have always has a flat tire. I think the reason it always has a flat tire is because I'm too heavy. Or a different reason, I don't know. 

I would like a new bike because the one I have is too small and Pepere even put it up higher. So I've totally grown out of it. If I have a new bike, it will be the right size. My brother Will, will be able to ride my old bike. 

I would like a new bike because the one I have now, Will is always riding. If I have a new bike I could ride that one. You wouldn't have to put air in the flat tires all the time.

I would like a new bike because I would ride it more often. It would also be the right size. If I get a new bike I will mow the lawn, wash the dishes, and I will put the bike near the shed more.

From,
Owen

Fortunately for Owen we do not have the same aversion to bikes as we do to dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment