To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Time for Deer

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, 
O God ~Psalm 42:1

I had a nice surprise as I looked out the front door this morning...two deer eating in the front yard. They were so close that they were almost on our front porch. They stayed there for a long time so we took some video and pictures of them. The boys had the perfect view from Noah and Owen's bedroom window. Some people ask us how we can stand to live in the woods like we do. It's days like this that explain it best. There's absolutely nothing better than being surrounded by trees, wildlife, the tranquility of Gods amazing creation and a few wonderful neighbors!

Watching the deer reminded me of the chorus, "As the Deer". It's one of the first songs I learned as a new believer and I have always loved it.

As the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longeth after thee
You alone are my hearts desire and I long to worship thee.
You alone are my strength my shield, to you alone may my spirit yield. You alone are my hearts desire and I long to worship thee.





No comments:

Post a Comment