To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Time for Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Whoopie Pies

Last week I made some pumpkin puree with the pumpkins we managed to grow in our garden. After a friend posted this recipe for Pumpkin Snickerdoodle cookies, I couldn't get the idea of them out of my mind. I really wanted to make her recipe but I didn't have everything I needed to make it so I searched online for one that I could make that night. I found one here and realized once they were made that they would make perfect whoopie pies! Since I was making chocolate ones for Ben today I decided to make these cookies again and have both kinds of whoopie pies. I then found a recipe for the filling that I like at this website. What I like about this filling recipe is that it's not too sweet and very light and does not use Fluff.


Make the filling while you let the cookies cool. Once it is ready, start filling the underside of one cookie with filling then place another cookie on top...then you're done!!


As you can see from the picture, everyone in our family, right down to the littlest one, loved them! 

1 comment:

  1. That's taking it up a notch! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete