To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Friday, December 16, 2011

A Time for Coconut-Pecan Cookies

When I started my holiday baking I had no idea what I was going to make. I still haven't established what my "tradition" cookies will be yet. I was flipping through a cookbook I haven't opened in years and found a recipe for Coconut-Pecan cookies. I happened to have everything I needed so decided to make them. They are the best cookie I have eaten in a long time and knew I needed to share the recipe with you all! Enjoy!


Coconut-Pecan Cookies (taken from Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book)
1/4 C shortening
1/4 C butter or margarine
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/4 C packed brown sugar
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C all-purpose flour
1 C coconut
1C chopped pecans


1. In a medium mixing bowl beat shortening and butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugars, and baking soda. Beat till combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla till combined. Be in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour. Stir in coconut and pecans.
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or till edges are golden. Cool cookies on cookie sheet one minute then transfer to a wire rack and let cool.  Makes about 36 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment