Wednesday, January 11, 2012
A couple years ago, at a dinner we hosted, a friend brought this desert. It is the most amazing cake! I had forgotten about this recipe and found it at Christmas time so was able to make it for everyone. It's an easy recipe considering how rich and delicious this cake turns out! It is sure to be a hit.
Ingredients for Cake
4 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 (12oz) pkg. cranberries
2 C white sugar
4 tsp baking powder
2 C evaporated milk
Ingredients for sauce
1 C butter
2 C white sugar
1 C heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease & flour a 10" bundt pan. Mix together flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl (I used my mixer) cream together 6 tbs butter & 2 C sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Take the flour mix you have set aside and add it to butter & sugar mixing alternately with the evaporated milk.
4. Stir in the cranberries.
5. Pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on wire rack & cool completely.
Make the sauce while cake is cooling.
1. In a sauce pan combine 1 C butter, 2 C sugar and the heavy cream.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Once its boiling reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
5. Serve a slice of cake with a generous amount of sauce over it.
*You can make the sauce then refrigerate it until you are ready to serve. Heat the sauce in the microwave and stir very well till combined. Pour over cake warm.