There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up. ~Prov. 21:20
A friend of mine has a blog where once a week she posts what she was able to get at the thrift store for $5. I love this because I love a good find at a thrift store or tag sale. One of the best finds we ever got at a thrift store was our LLBean kid carrier (the back pack kind) for $6 and it was in brand new condition. We still have it and use it! This past weekend Ben and I stopped at some yard sales and went to the thrift store...it was a luxury for us to stop at yard sales because we were alone for the weekend and this is something that is NOT fun to do with all the kids. My best tag sale find this weekend was a brand new pair (never worn because her kid out grew them before he could wear them) of Nike sneakers that will fit Noah this fall for $5!! Pictured below is my $5 thrift store finds!
1. Rescue Hero (which we collect here, the boys love them!) $.10
2. Melissa & Doug Pirate's Bounty floor puzzle $1.99
3. Unfinished wooden tabletop bowling set from millstores (I thought it would be fun for the older boys to paint these on a rainy day) $1.00
4. Ripley's Believe It or Not Book (Noah loves these fun facts/informational-type books) $.10
5. A Yankee Candle topper (which matches things in my bedroom perfectly!) $.99
6. An old-school deck of cards the CU used to put out. I remember these cards from my grandparents house and these were new in the package so they come with a little nostalgia for me. $.50