To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Time to See How Our Garden Grows



He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the 
service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; ~ Psalm 104:14



Things are starting to come up! I won't lie, I was a little nervous that we wouldn't produce anything but it seems, so far, the garden is doing well. 
Turnip
Corn
Add caption
We've got a lot of onions up, the string beans and peas are doing really well too and we are going to have so many radishes! The weeds are really minimal too. From what I've been told the reason for this is because every fall they till this garden and throw lime in the soil. Apparently this helps keep the weeds out and from what we've seen it seems to be true! I do think we'll have to  come and thin out some stuff before we head up north for a couple weeks...can't wait to see what's grown when we return!

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 23, 2011

    That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! So few weeds means less frustration and a good garden experience...we need to try that method...weeds are a pain and in abundance here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this post is a repeat... sorry. I was having trouble posting it.
    Remember our SS lessons on not letting "weeds" take hold. So much in God's creation is an object lesson for ourselves and our kids.
    Everytime I weed my gardens, I think of not letting sin take hold in my life. A great gardener not only waters and feeds her fruit, but looks out for things that will harm it :)
    Enjoy the garden :))) Jan

    ReplyDelete