To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Time for Planting



As for man, his days are like grass; As a flower of the field,

 so he flourishes. ~Psalm 103:15




Because sunflowers are my favorite Ben planted hundreds of them for me this spring. I am thankful they are doing much better than the garden we planted! It was doing well in the beginning...we got radishes, onions, string beans, turnips and the corn was doing really well....that is until the last wind/rain storm we got (pre-Irene) which blew a tree...yes a tree....right into the middle of our corn.  I forgot to bring my camera when we were at the garden, otherwise I'd have a picture for you. Needless to say we are discouraged, though Ben's excited for another opportunity to use his chainsaw...it's the only way we'll get the tree off the garden. The squash and pumpkins still look like they want to produce us something but we're not holding our breath. It will take a miracle to convince Ben planting a garden next year is a good idea!

Noah and Owen were very sweet and went out and cut me a bunch of flowers to have in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment