To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Time for the Prayer Box!




But as for me, my prayer is to You, O Lord, in the acceptable time; O God, in the
 multitude of Your mercy, Hear me in the truth of Your salvation. ~ Psalm 69:13



 I have loved this box since I was a kid. It belonged to my aunt and when she no longer wanted it I inherited it. I wasn't sure at the time what I was going to do with it though. A couple years ago after Christmas as I was taking down all the Christmas cards I felt really bad throwing away all the really nice pictures friends and family had sent us. That is when I had the idea to turn them into prayer cards. This way our kids can put a face with the names of family members and friends we don't see often. We have dozens of families in this box from neighbors, missionaries, teachers, co-workers and of course, those of you closest to us. If I don't have a photo of a family or person I take an index card, write their name on it and put it in the box that way. Then at dinner time one of the kids can go to the box and choose a family or individual we will pray for that night. It's been a really fun way to incorporate everyone God has placed into our lives in to our prayer lives as well. It's also a great teaching tool to show the kids the importance of hearing and knowing the needs of others and praying for them. 




1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I've seen this done with missionary prayer cards for many years, but I like the addition of friends and family as well.

    ReplyDelete