To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Monday, September 26, 2011

A Time for Dehydrated Pears


And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, 

and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself,

upon the earth: and it was so. Genesis 1:11



I was recently introduced to the cutest blog through a friend's blog. It's called Blissfully Content and there are some really great recipes and tips on it. She recently had a blog post about dehydrating pears and I decided I wanted to try this. So following her instructions here is what I did:

1. I bought pears at the store because I don't have access to anyone with a pear tree and I have no time to go pear picking (not even sure you still can around here). Then I washed them well.
2. Next I did core them, even though she didn't. I just used my apple corer and it was really easy and quick.

3. Then I sliced them into thin circles.

4. Now all you have to do is place them on your dehydrator. Mine can hold 6 pears, sliced so I did it in two batches.

5. Once you have your dehydrator filled put the cover on and set the temperature to 130-135. I dehydrated them for about 12 hours. Keep checking them every few hours till you get the texture you want. I don't think I would go more than 12 hours though unless you sliced them thick.

What you see in the jar
is 6 sliced pears, dehydrated
This is a really yummy and healthy snack. We are going apple picking this week and I plan to dehydrate some apples as well. I store them in a Ball canning jar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment