To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Time for Pomanders!



But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests 
through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place
~ 2 Cor. 2:14

Last week a friend of mine approached me wanting to know if I'd like to get together to make pomanders. I had never heard of these before, let alone made one but I'm up for anything so we set a date to make them. 

All you need for these are cloves, oranges (or limes, lemons, apples) and maybe have a nail handy in case the skin of the fruit is too tough for the clove to pierce through on it's own. 

Once you have all your supplies together start poking the cloves through the fruit and fill it up as much as you'd like. We covered the entire orange but I saw online where some people create designs on theirs. The smell is amazing and I've heard that as they dry they become even nicer to look at. 

The finished product
This is such an easy craft...you don't have to be crafty at all to do this. You do need time, however. This took me about 3-4 hours to complete. They are very pretty to decorate with. We will be making some of these to use as decorations at our upcoming "Fruits of the Spirit" ladies event. How fitting!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I bet they smell wonderful. They would be pretty to decorate with, in a bowl or vase or something. Nice!

    ReplyDelete