To Everything There Is A Season

A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

A blog about raising a young family and keeping Christ at the center of it.



The Cyrs

The Cyrs
Photo Credit: Rachel Dewhurst

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Time to Have Some Friends Day 1

We are very lucky to have some special friends with us this week. They are from "where Oma & Pepere live", otherwise known as Madawaska! So we don't get to see them as often as we'd like to. Their mom is on a much needed vacation in North Carolina while we take care of them. Part of my survival kit for this week is having lots of activities for them. I thought I'd blog about each day so their mom can come and take a look at what they're up to and see the fun they're having.


Yesterday we did a mask craft. I found these wooden masks at Joann's for $1.00 so I got one for each of the kids and they painted them. You could easily use markers to color these also, which was my original plan. Once I got home and inspected the markers (whose caps were left off for several days) I realized they were no longer any good. So plan b...paint. For obvious reason paint is never my first choice but they actually did a great job.

Later in the afternoon after I put the younger 3 down for their naps I let the older 4 go outside and play. It was such a beautiful day yesterday with the sun out. Our neighbors grandson also came over and joined the fun. About 2 hours later he and Noah bumped heads leaving Noah with a bloody nose. It seemed like the perfect time to bring them all back in!

All in all it was a very good first day. Minus Jena needing to go to the Dr. and finding out she is one sick little lady, it was a very successful day. Everyone agreed that the best way to end the day was in PJ's watching The Backyardigans!


1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I never think to grab those $1 crafts when I'm at JoAnn's - good idea for a change of pace :)

    ReplyDelete